Pour lire l’article original en français, cliquez ici.
During the first and second year of the « Intercultural Mediation and Translation in Germanic and Nordic Countries » (MEGEN) Master’s degree, students have the possibility to do short or long-term internships and even long distance internships in various organizations located in France, Germany, or Scandinavia.
Here comes a non-exhaustive list – which will be regularly updated – of the organizations where the students did their internship.
Mediation, events, PR:
- Franco-German Chamber of Commerce and Industry (Paris, France), Media department. Six-month internship. (C.M.)
- Publishing House Stock (Paris, France), subsidiary rights assistant, Frankfurt Book Fair setup. Six-month internship (to come). (G.M-R.)
- Kortfilmfestivalen/Short Film Festival/Children Festival (Uppsala, Sweden), recruiting manager and management of volunteers, logistic officer. Two-month internship. (S.L.)
- The Nordic Library (Paris, France), intern. Internship in progress. (C.J.L.)
- French Embassy in Sweden (Stockholm, Sweden), Press Department/Chancery. Seven-month internship (S.J.)
- Swedish Institute (Paris, France), cultural assistant, Four-month internship. (S.J.)
- National Museum of Music (Trondheim, Norway), tour guide (Swedish, Norwegian, English, Spanish and French). Summer internship to come (F.M.)
- Riksscenen, National Hub for Traditional Music and Dance (Oslo, Norway), intern. Part-time internship in progress. (E.J.)
- Euronews, european news TV channel (Lyon, France): german speaking news and culture team, one-month internship and then free lance. (S.P.)
- Archétype 82 Publishing House, independent publisher and academic bookstore (Paris, France), publishing assistant. Three-month internship (in progress). (G.M.-R.)
- The Offing (Los Angeles, United States of America), literary magazine, branch of Los Angeles Review of Books, translations’ editor. Internship and then distance work (in progress). (C.L.)
- Translation project surrounding a set of books focusing on aesthetics (Berlin, Germany and London, United Kingdom), co-translator research assistant. Distance internship (in progress). (C.L.)
- 2W GmbH & Co. KG, translation agency (Munich, Germany), translation manager, translator/proof reader. Five-month internship. (A.P.)
- Institut Français de Suède (Stockholm, Sweden), internship at the language and education department. Two four-month internships, in progress. (C.R.)